To serve the underprivileged and distressed children
In our country most of the children do not get proper education because of poverty. For this reason they go to work when they are supposed to go to school. Keeping this scenario in mind Chittagong Grammar School decided to open a free school for under privileged children.
This Community School started its journey on 4th February 2012 at CGS NC. At the beginning we started with 18 students in play group and 1 teacher. As students increased we opened another class with 17 students. In 2013 we introduced community service to all our 6 campuses. Now we have 500+ students in 6 campuses including Dhaka. They are increasing every year.
The facilities students get at CGS NC Community School:
- Free Admission.
- Free books, paper, pencils, uniforms, bags, shoes and other educational items.
- Free tiffin.
- Play ground with games equipments.
- Extra Curricular Activities.
- Health care.
- Curriculum: CGS NC community school follows national curriculum (Jan-Dec).
- Timing: 3:30 to 6:30. Winter timing: 2:30 to 5:30. 5 days/week. (Sunday – Thursday)
- Community school teachers work under the supervision of CGS NC teachers.