We deeply Mourn
The passing away of our beloved Director, Mrs. Bilquis Iqbal Dada who sadly lost her brave fight with cancer on 28th November, 2017. Mrs. Dada was the founding Director of CGS and Chairman of the board from 1992 until 2016. She was a key factor in building CGS to the institution it is today. Her dynamism, compassion and dedication will be greatly missed and we ask you to kindly keep her in your prayers. May God bless her in heaven.
Please see the news : Farewell ceremony of SSC Candidate – 2018
Special Notice regarding CYBER SECURITY
NOTICE TO PARENTS: Safeguard your child from INTERNET GAME “Blue Whale”
Dear Parents (cl. 3-10),
The “Blue Whale Challenge” is an online game in which participants follow a social media account, which instructs them to complete 50 disturbing challenges. Challenges grow in their extremes; starting with watching a horror movie or listening to a particular song and eventually with the final challenge requiring the player to commit suicide.
The Blue Whale Challenge hit headlines after it was linked to the death of 130 teenagers in Russia. Various media reports suggested the game began in Russia before spreading to Eastern Europe and two ‘masterminds’ behind the evil game have now been arrested.
The game is now available in Bangladesh and one 13 year old girl has committed suicide after playing this game.
What can you do to protect children? Tips for Parents
- Please do not allow them to use mobile phone, tab, other devices which has internet OUTSIDE HOME WHERE YOU CAN NOT MONITOR.
- Please do not recieve any call from this number (+917574999093). This is used to call people to hack their information and sending a new link named “Popcorn Carnival” through Facebook, Whatsapp, Viber and other social media.
- Ask your child what they are doing online. It’s important you understand what websites, apps, and social media platforms they are on.
- Check their privacy settings. Make sure they know how to make their profiles ‘private’ so they are not sharing personal information with strangers. For example, Facebook has a Privacy Health check feature.
- Make sure they know when and how to report and block any malicious or inappropriate messages or posts.
- Be careful about over-sharing personal information online such as your school, telephone number or anything that identifies where you might live. Consider not using your child’s full name for profile.
- Parents need to keep talking to the kids. Take interest in your child’s activities. Give them space to share their feelings without negating them.
- Have regular conversations with your children about the risks they may be exposed to and how to deal with them, such as cyber bullying and grooming, and ensure they feel able to come and talk to you if they see anything upsetting.
- Monitor their digital behavior and subtly keep an eye on their Internet activity. It is extremely important.
- If you are worried about your child’s emotional welfare or are concerned they may have come across The Blue Whale Challenge contact psychology doctor.
For more information, please visit the following website:
Admission going on in PG to class 9 for 2018 session. Please contact office now for all information. Informations are only to be obtained from office.
Our all urgent notices will be sent by SMS. In case you change your mobile number please inform the school so that you do not miss notices.
From now on you will receive school SMS from mobile numbers 01678 521 336 / 01729 024 802. Please save these numbers as CGS NC.
Please read BBC ARTICLE FOR YOUR INTEREST